Are you suffering from work overwhelm? Does this happen to you – you start off your day with a great plan for both your business and other activities that you need to fit in.
Your list seems to keep getting longer and longer, and all of a sudden you are just staring at your computer screen and don’t even know where to begin because you are so overwhelmed by work and your mind is so clogged up that you have no ability to think straight.
I can absolutely relate to this and as much as I love what I do, there are times when I literally want to scream with frustration and just seeing my list that keeps growing by the minute fills me with so much anxiety that I am literally crippled and unable to act at all.
Work Overwhelm Help
The good news is this. There is a way to become both an expert at time management solutions and organization.
I am a big fan of Brian Tracy who has a real knack and system for reducing the amount of stress in your life; becoming a time management expert and setting clear goals for your business. He is also a master at the sales process and building your business the right way – with strategies, goals and integrity.
Killing Work Overwhelm
I recently completed one of Brian Tracy’s amazing modules are here are the top takeaways about Organization and planning, which directly affect your time management solutions and dealing with work overwhelm.
1. Do one thing at a time, until it is completed. Then file it away.
2. He also stresses the importance of planning. The crucial first step is to get your planning and organization in place.
“One of the most important rules of personal effectiveness is the 10/90 rule.”
The first 10% of time that you spend planning and organizing your work before you begin will save you as much as 90% of the time in getting the job done once you get started. Quite amazing right? Imagine how much less work overwhelm you would suffer if you were just able to implement this successfully.
“In preparing for D-Day, the plan was
not important, but the process of
planning was indispensable.”
– Dwight D. Eisenhower
3. Get in the “neatness habit”. Clean and organize your workspace so that you only have ONE prioritized task in front of you at a time
The core personal productivity is neatness – this creates not only physical space but mental space and clarity and a massive reduction in stress and overwhelm.
Have a place for everything, with everything in its place
4. Preparation is crucial. Before you begin a task, have everything that you need in front of you so you don’t wast time searching and possibly getting distracted
“Every minute you spend in planning saves 10 minutes in execution; this gives
you a 1,000 percent Return on Energy!”
— Brian Tracy
5. Complete your task from START to FINISH and then put it away.
6. Use a Daily List. This is your blueprint from the beginning to the end of the day.
7. Prepare this list the night before so that your subconscious mind can work on it while you sleep
8. One of the most POWERFUL personal organizational principles and the quickest way to reduce work overwhelm is to work non stop until you finish.
If you are interested in learning more about Brian Tracy and his amazing tips and techniques that have transformed my business and life, head over to one of the most popular CD’s to get you started. Buy the Maximum Achievement Affirmation CD today!
This powerful affirmation CD includes 10 powerful affirmations with music. This taped affirmation is a process of progressive relaxation. You simply let yourself relax as Brian Tracy talks to your subconscious mind.
What are 3 Action Steps that you can take immediately to help you get organized immediately and kill work overwhelm for good?
For more tips like this about personal time management as well as marketing strategy, blogging tips and website promotion, be sure to sign up to my newsletter and get the marketing wisdom, business development and personal development tools and information delivered right to your in-box!
Sign up here for free and get your free bonus 101 Awesome Titles and Headlines you can use right now!
To Your Business and Marketing Success,