Are you about to promote an unprepared and awful looking site that you will be embarrassed about in the near future simply because you were too excited and did not have the right foundation in place?
People with a new site alre all to eager to find out how to promote my blog as quickly as possible after launching.
Don’t make this mistake! Get your foundation right before you start doing any sort of promotion!!
Before You Promote Your New Blog – Get Your Foundations Right
Anyone who is starting out a new business, or already has one but has just set up a new website is all too eager to get their site up and running and then promote it to everyone they know and the online world at large.
This is completely understandable as it is very exciting to have a new website, to be tapping into the most efficient way to generate leads and clients – the internet – and to show off your expertise to the world.
But hold up for a second.
Take a good hard look at what you are actually about to display for the world to see. You may think its terrific because you just wrote a killer page about yourself and your services, and maybe even added a contact page for people to get in touch woth you because you are so hot. And you probably are! But, there are a number of things to consider, both in terms of on page and off page design before you go off promoting your new site.
How to Promote my blog with the RIGHT foundations in place
The first thing is to make sure that you have your basic off page SEO in place. This is a whole series of blog posts, but I will sum it up like this. SEO is about getting your site recognized by Google and getting found online by targeted leads. Read more about SEO strategy and information if you are unclear about what this means.
The second fundamental thing to consider is whether your site is actually ready for the critical eyes of the web savvy world. Remember there are 266,848,493 websites out there. Don’t get lost in the pack – make sure that you have an outstanding site to start off with, that has the foundations in place and is ready to take on the competition in your niche.
Here are the BASIC foundations that you must have in place before you get trigger-happy with promoting your blog:
How to Promote My Blog – Top 6 core foundations
- As mentioned above – SEO is essential and should not be overlooked. Get that sorted out first!
- Keyword selection – Choosing the right keywords for your new site is a critical element that needs careful consideration and planning. You want to make sure that you are targeting the keywords that your potential clients will be using to find you online. Find out more about keyword research and how to use keywords as the foundation for your content creation.
- Design – If you have some basic design skills this is probably enough to create a good looking site. WordPress is probably the best and easiest way to get a nice and professional looking site up on a budget, with all the basics that a small to medium business would ever need.
- Content – Do you have enough content on your site and is it quality content that is providing value to your reader? You want to make sure that your content is original, relevant, full of useful information and timely. Also, make sure that you have a minimum of 10-15 pages before promoting your new site.
- Do you have a way to capture the information of the readers that pass through your site? If you don’t – you are missing a big opportunity! The key to your online success will be creating a list of subscribers and communicating with them regularly. Find out the best way to capture lead information.Other Pages that you could potentially set up:
6. Other Pages you could potentially set up:
- A contact Page
- Upcoming Events
- News and resources
- Programs and Offerings
This list is not exhaustive and depends entirely on your niche, service offered and competitive environment. It varies greatly and the best way to keep yourself in check is to se what you competition is up to!
Never copy – just take note and then build your own creative, authentic and unique signature site.
Now go back and take a good hard look at your site, ask a few trusted friends and/or colleagues for their feedback and decide whether you have your foundations in place and are ready to start promoting.
If you need help getting these foundations together, or with the actual web promotion marketing and getting the foundation right before you begin contact me for a free Nail Your Marketing Initial session to find out where you are at and how we can get you to start getting found online and making money!
To Your Business and Marketing Success,